How Can I convert Nikon movie file to AVI on Mac or Windows
Any body tried any good software that will convert a Nikon video clip from .mov format to .avi format? I am looking for a software that will do it no/mimimal quality loss. Thanks in advance!
Well, .MOV recorded by Nikon is encoded with H.264 codec. However, this mov format is not supported by Windows or Mac based editing applications like Movie Maker and Windows DVD Maker, or Windows Media Player, or some portable devices etc. If you want to play or edit Nikon MOV in Mac/Windows without any troubles, you’d better convert MOV to AVI, a Mac/Windows preferred format.
To convert Nikon MOV files to AVI format, you need a MOV to AVI Converter to finish the Nikon MOV Converting task, and then you can use Nikon mov files in AVI-native applications, media players and devices with perfect compatibility. Below is a guide for you which shows how to convert Nikon MOV to AVI for editing and playing on Mac/Windows.
1. Download Acrok HD Video Converter for Mac, this software can help you convert Nikon MOV files to any popular format. Import MOV footages to this Nikon MOV to AVI Converter.
- P.S. If you are a Windows users, try this Nikon H.264 MOV Converter.
2. Install and run it, click Format bar to choose “AVI HD Video (*.avi)” from “HD Video” option.
3. You can also click “settings” to adjust the resolution, bitrate, codec and other parameters before you convert Nikon MOV to AVI.
4. Click “convert” button to start transcoding Nikon MOV to AVI fomat.
The Mac Nikon MOV to AVI Converter can help you convert recorded Nikon MOV files with high video quality, video and audio synchronization are perfectly guaranteed. Just have a try now!