How to convert DVD to ProRes for FCP X?
As we know, Final Cut Pro is a great video editing appls for Mac users to edit camcorder videos on Mac OS X. However, FCP X supported video formats are limited to MP4, MOV, M4V and DV. If you have some DVD files and want to edit them in FCP X, then you’re definitely right being here. FCP X gives Mac users the best way to edit DVD files. However, the best video format for editing in Final Cut Pro X is ProRes MOV, which uses I-frame–only (intraframe) encoding, providing faster rendering and real-time playback performance, and has a generous color sample ratio and bit depth, allowing for higher-quality rendering of visual effects. So, if you want to edit DVD movie in FCP X, you shoud rip DVD to ProRes MOV. Now, I recommend you a powerful DVD to Apple ProRes converter – Aovsoft DVD ripper for Mac, which has an exclusive function to support Apple ProRes Family.
In order to convert DVD to Apple ProRes on Mac more easily, this top DVD to FCP X converter for Mac adds “Final Cut Pro” profile and gives this profile several options, like Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov), Apple ProRes 422 (HQ) (*.mov), Apple ProRes 422 (LT) (*.mov), Apple ProRes 422 (Proxy) (*.mov), Apple ProRes 4444 (*.mov), etc. With it, Mac users can directly load any DVD disc, DVD folder or IFO/ISO with one click to remove CSS, region code or analogue copy protections from DVDs and rip them to Apple ProRes with the easiest-way. And you can also select the output format according to your own situation.
ProRes 422 (LT). For projects such as news, sports, and multicam events that require reduced file sizes at broadcast quality.
ProRes 422 (Proxy). For craft editing or offline editing on a MacBook or MacBook Pro.
ProRes 4444. For compositing and digital workflows that require the highest-possible image fidelity.
How to convert DVD to ProRes on Mac?
Step 1: Run DVD to ProRes Converter on your Mac. Insert DVD into your Mac DVD Rom, click load DVD icon to import DVD files into this DVD to ProRes Converter.
Step 2: Choose Apple ProRes MOV as output format. You can click “Format” bar to choose “Final Cut Pro” > “Apple ProRes 422 (*.mov)”.
Step 3: Click convert button to start DVD to ProRes conversion on Mac. After conversion, you can click “Open” button to get the converted video files for FCP X.
Apart from converting DVD to FCP X, you can also use other functions of this great Mac DVD to ProRes converter:
* Backup full disc copy (1:1)or the main movie file of DVDs.
* Rip DVD to MP4, MOV, FLV, 3GP, MPG, etc keeping its original video quality.
* Extra audio or music from DVD files to MP3, AC3, AAC, etc for listening with ease.
* Transcode DVD movie for video players.
* Convert DVD to AIC, Avid DNxHD, HDV, DVCPRO for FCE, iMovie, Avid, Premiere, etc.
* Support to customize resolution, bitrate, frame rate, codec, etc for better video quality
* Support 5.1 channels surround sound
* Merge DVD files into one for conversion
* Take a snapshot of DVD to get the picture you like
* Cut off black edges from DVD for full sceen playback
* Trim DVD file into the specific one
* Advanced audio and video sync technology
* Add text, image or video watermark to protect your DVD copyright.
* Easy to use with intuitive and simple interface.