How to play WMV on iPad 3? Can iPad 3 play WMV files? Many users have the new iPad video playback problems after they get the iPad 3. Some movies are in WMV format, when we want to put WMV movies on iPad 3, we will encounter many problems. The main question is “does iPad 3 support WMV?” The answer is no, from apple official website we know that iPad 3 only supports H.264/MPEG-4 MP4/MOV/M4V files. How to view WMV files on iPad 3? As we know, there’s no iPad 3 WMV player, so the best way for playing WMV on iPad 3 is to convert WMV files to iPad 3 supported video formats, such as H.264 MP4.
How to convert WMV files to iPad 3? Below is a brief guide for you.
1. Download and install iPad 3 WMV video converter (or WMV to iPad 3 converter for Mac), this is an all in one converter for iPad 3 which can convert nearly all common video formats, such as WMV, MKV, AVI, FLV, AVCHD, etc.
2. Import the WMV movies to the iPad 3 converter.
3. Click profile column to choose the output format for play on iPad 3. You are recommended to choose Apple iPad -> iPad 2 H.264 Video (*.mp4).
4. You can click settings button to adjust the output parameters, such as resolution and bitrate, you can choose or input the resolution you need, such as input resolution as 1280*720, then you can watch 720p WMV video on iPad 3.
5. Edit function is available in the iPad 3 WMV converter, you can trim, crop, add watermark or adjust effect to the video.
6. Click convert button to start, after converting WMV for iPad 3, transfer converted files to iPad 3 then you can play WMV on iPad 3 with best supported format, just have a try and enjoy yourself.