10 Best Blu-ray Ripper Software of 2021
The Blu-ray ripper is a software that has the ability to extract all data from a Blu-ray disc, Blu-ray ISO, Blu-ray folder. You can save the extracted file to your computer hard drive for backup or convert it to another video format for watching on tablet, smartphone, smart tv, etc.
Are you looking for best Blu-ray ripping tool to rip movies, music and data discs?
This specific ripper is great and on sale now.
It’s a reliable, easy to use and fast ripper. This product was highly rated by many online review sites with many positive customer reviews.
Get it with Full Lifetime License with the free upgrade; 30-day money back guarantees.
Some people also called the lossless Blu-ray ripper as Blu-ray copy software. The Blu-ray copier program can help you copy the Blu-rays to your PC hard drive for backup purpose. But generally you cannot use the Blu-ray copy program to rip/convert the movies, hence there is a little different here.
The conversion capability available in Blu-ray ripping software is very handy as you can use it to rip any Blu-ray contents and transfer or watch it in digital devices like iPad, iPhone, Apple TV, Samrt TV, etc. This is why Blu-ray ripping tool is getting more and more popular.
You may also know that some of the Blu-ray ripping software is free while others are shareware, but the free rippers are less or limited in features. This article will let you know how to choose great software to digitize your Blu-ray collections as well as the recommendations of the best software to rip Blu-rays for you to choose from.
Blu-ray Rippers Comparison Table
Our experts have tested many Blu-ray rippers and make a comparison table to the top 3 rippers for Mac OS.
|Software||Acrok Video Covnerter Ultimate||Leawo Blu-ray Ripper||DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper|
|Visit Official Site||Visit Official Site||Visit Official Site|
|Rip Protected DVD|
|Platform||Windows and Mac||Windows only||Windows and Mac|
|Price (1 PC)||Lifetime: $55.20||1 year: $44.95
|1 year: $69.99
|Buy Now||Order Now||Order Now||Order Now|
10 Features A Best Blu-ray Ripper Should Have
Although DVDs was in the market for a long time, but Blu-ray is still more popular than DVD. In particular, 4K Blu ray discs are popular among young consumers. However, with the increasing use of portable devices like smartphones, older Blu-ray movies are unable to play on such devices. So, we need the software like Blu-ray converter or ripper to convert the movies or films to video or audio formats supported by various media players.
The best software to rip Blu-ray will lets you easily rip any Blu-rays to any formats that you like. However, this is not the only factor to consider when choosing a reliable ripper! The following are some of the essential features that a good Blu-ray ripping software should have:
- Ability to hack Blu-ray copy protection. The software should able to back up any encrypted Blu-rays including older and recent ones and remove copy protection from Blu-ray.
- Rip and convert Blu-ray files at high speed (fast conversion without dropping the quality).
- A converted video should be in high-quality output and fit on PC as well as other hot digital devices.
- The friendly and simple user interface lets you convert video files between many formats with ease.
- Software stability is vital to ensure you can work without error during the ripping process until completion. It should work well with Blu-ray players.
- Rich functionality like ripping Blu-ray to any audio/video format; convert web videos and some video editing functionalities.
- Safe and clean software is always a preferred choice. You and I hate software that comes with ads or any kind of malware or adware.
- Good customer supports such as live chat, email, online help, forums or FAQ tutorials.
- Reasonable price with a free trial option (if the ripper is not freeware).
- Software supports various languages. This added more convenient for those non-English speaking users.
In the market, there are lots of Blu-ray rippers, and most of them claim that they are the best in the industry. This makes us as an end-user difficult to decide which software to purchase.
Luckily I am in the media industry for quite some time, so I am here to write a genuine review on some of the top rippers in the market today. I also hope that this can help you make a quicker decision on which program to get and how to get a reliable Blu-ray Ripper software for yourself.
Top 7 Best Paid Blu-ray Ripper & Transcoding Software for macOS 12 (Monterey)
The following are some of the best Blu-ray ripping software. When evaluating a video converter program, we mainly see the ability of the software features & functionality, supported output formats, integrated software editing tools as well as how good is the technical support provided by the company.
Actually, there are tons of Blu-ray ripping & copying software available some of them are free rippers while others are paid (shareware) rippers. The following are the top seven paid Blu-ray ripping software for macOS 12 (Monterey).
1. Acrok Video Converter Ultimate
Acrok Video Converter Ultimate is an excellent software with 3-easy steps to complete the Blu-ray ripping process. It allows you to rip most of the Blu-ray to various audio video formats like AVI, MP4, MKV, MPG, H.265/HEVC, etc. You also can save the ripped files to portable devices like iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, Asus ZenFone, Sony Xperia, Nokia, HTC, OnePlus and many more.
With the embedded Blu-ray decryption technology, this ripper is able to remove Blu-ray copy protection like Cinavia, AACS, BD+, BD-J and more. New decryption technologies will be updated continuously for new released Blu-rays.
The Blu-ray ripping process is fast, and you can use the tool to do simple editing the Blu-ray content. Various customer support channels are available, and 15-minute free unlimited trial of the software makes it worth to have a try. Should you have any problem, you can reach them by email, live chats, online FAQs and tutorials.
20% OFF Coupon Code: ACRO-LD93-NLID
- Easy to use interface with wide selection of output formats (more than 250 output profiles).
- Fast conversion speed with excellent customization tools.
- Lossless 1:1 video output quality with balance file size and compression ratio.
- Able to remove or bypass region code protections, Cinavia, AACS, BD+, BD-J, etc.
- Get support the encrypted Blu-rays and latest TV shows and movies.
- Convert downloaded movies to any video format, any audio format, any digital device, etc.
- Transcode any camera footage to any codec for editing.
- Imprecise display for estimated remaining time (during the ripping process).
Hot Searchs: windows 11 blu ray ripper, best free blu ray ripper, blu ray ripper for mac, windows 10 blu ray ripper, best blu ray ripper software of 2021, free blu ray ripper, best blu ray ripper 2021, copy blu ray disc, backup blu ray movies, free blu ray ripper 2021, blu ray ripper for macos monterey
2. Lwawo Blu-ray Ripper
Many reviews voted this as their best Blu-ray ripper software as it’s easy to use, and it can help you copy the Blu-ray for backup, rip Blu-rays (including the commercial and latest Blu-ray), and edit Blu-ray. More than 320 output formats including MP4, WMV, MPEG, MOV, FLV, H.264, etc.
It supports both homemade Blu-rays and commercial Blu-rays, and able to remove copy-protected restrictions.
The Leawo Blu-ray Ripper is also great for transferring Blu-ray movies to your smartphone or tablet, i.e., iPhone, iPod, Apple TV, Android phone, PSP, etc. free with corresponding profile settings respectively.
This quality Blu-ray program also very fast in the ripping process and it supports 1:1 clone the full Blu-ray disc to ISO image and Blu-ray folder. Great support team and user guide are available waiting for you in case you encounter any problem! This is important.
There are two versions available the free (with restrictions) and platinum to cater different user needs.
- Fast Blu-ray ripping speed and it support all types of Blu-rays
- You can decide to convert Blu-ray to ISO file in 1:1 ratio or rip Blu-ray to digital videos file formats like AVI, MP4, MOV, WMV, etc.
- Get copy-protected discs ripped including removed various types of DRM protections.
- The ripped Blu-ray contents can either be view on PCs or mobile devices with high quality output.
- Limited video editing features like adding the watermark to rips or adjust the output contrast and brightness.
- Can’t convert commom video format for playing and editing.
3. DVDFab Blu-ray Ripper
As another top contender in the market, this Blu-ray ripping software also comes with many great features that can be found in other best quality rippers. The features like ability to rip copy-protected discs, support many input and output formats, edit the video before convert, support mobile devices, etc.
Concerning the speed, the latest version of DVDFab supports Nvidia CUDA, Intel Quick Sync and multi-core CPUs to make the ripping speed is fast. Also, this ripper support batch conversions.
Not only that, the software can support newest copy-protections, you also can rip Blu-rays with multiple VTS protections to the formats that you want (including 3D formats). You even can upscale the video quality from 480p to 1080p with the help of DVDFab Enlarger AI.
Well, with their full trial version, you can fully test all of their software features for 3 Blu-rays. The free version also can be download but with limited features.
- The software was always updated to fix even a very minor bug on their program.
- DVDFab program is easy to use (for the newbie) but also includes the advanced settings (for the expert).
- Ability to rip Blu-ray disc/ISO/folder to different audio and video formats including 3D video formats.
- It includes presets for 100+ devices for playback on portable smartphones and gadget devices.
- Support batch conversion, a fast ripping speed with multi-core CPUs, NVIDIA CUDA and Intel Quick Sync.
- The full trial version lets you enjoy all the features of the software just limiting to 3 disc output files.
- This software is slightly more expensive than other rippers in the market.
4. Pavtube Blu-ray Ripper
With this software, it’s able to rip almost all the old Blu-rays including ability to remove those commercial or copy-protected Blu-rays.
You can use it to rip the old Blu-ray (2005-2015) and save to favorite video and audio formats like MKV, VOB, FLV, MOV, AVI, MP4, M4V, WMV, 3GP, MPEG, MP3, M4A, AIFF, AC3 and WAV. Besides, the output file formats also readable by iPhone, iPod, iPad, Xbox, Apple TV, etc.
You also can enjoy their built-in video editor that allows you to adjust resolution, aspect ratio, add visual effects, trimming, cropping, watermarking, and so on. You also can use it to extract the audio tracks from Blu-rays.
- One of the powerful and easiest ripping tools to use.
- With their build-in decrypter, the Pavtube application is able to rip copy protections discs.
- Ability to rip the Blu-rays and playback on PC, gaming system and mobile devices.
- The ripped files can share on popular video sharing sites.
- Having difficulty to directly rip the ISO or the Blu-ray folder files.
- It doesn’t support the Blu-ray discs from 2015-2021.
- Slightly drop in the video output quality.
5. Brorsoft Blu-ray Ripping Software
Brorsoft Blu-ray Ripping tool is a useful software that can rip and convert Blu-ray to video in more than 180 different video and audio formats including MP4, WMV, AVI, MKV, FLV, F4V, MP3, AAC, etc. You can use the ripper to rip movies and enjoy Blu-ray movies on most popular portable devices like iPhone, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, PS4, Sony, etc.
The built-in handy video editor helps to edit or customize video effects, including cropping, trimming, adding effects and watermarks. You also can use it to create 3D movies. For more detailed settings, you can set profile parameters, select subtitle/audio track, merge files into one, etc. Unfortunately, it doesn’t support importing and cracking new discs.
- Able to convert home and commercial Blu-rays including remove the copyright restrictions on the Blu-rays.
- Covert Blu-rays to 180+ audio and video files including the popular MP4, MKV, FLV, MP3, AAC, and more.
- Allow you to customize movies with the built-in video editor and their 3D movie creator let you creates 3D movies with several effects.
- Fast conversion powered with NVIDIA CUDA, AMD APP and Intel Quick Sync acceleration.
- The company is having great sales from time-to-time;
- The conversion speed is just moderate and the output files are slightly dropped in quality.
- The video editing functionalities are pretty basic.
6. WinX Blu-ray Ripper
As another great ripping tool in the market, this developer is developing the product to make it able to rip most commercial Blu-rays and support many file formats.
With their Express and Expert interfaces, the software design it interface that can cater both beginners and experiences users. You can rip the 2D movies to 3D format with good quality output, optimized the HST & H.264 encoding, and rip multiple chapters simultaneously.
You also can do some basic customizations like changing the video background, applying watermark, adjust the video contrast & saturation, and flip horizontal or vertical before converting. The converted file can also be view on various mobile devices.
However, it seem like it’s quite some time that the software is not updated and the price is slight more expensive than other rippers in the market. Both the PC and Mac version is available.
Sorry, WinX Blu-ray Ripper is discontinued. Perhaps, check other Blu-ray ripping software instead.
7. Xilisoft Blu-ray Ripper
This ripper can rip Blu-ray to about 160 video and audio formats such as MPEG-4, AVI, DivX, FLV, MOV, 3GP, WMV, WMA, MP3, WAV, etc. It also supports many portable devices including iPod, iPhone, iPad, HTC, PSP, Xbox, PS3, Kindle, Samsung Galaxy.
It powered with NVIDIA CUDA & ATI APP technology, the program able to rip Blu-rays 5X faster than average or free Blu-ray copiers. Not only that, you can use the tool to convert Blu-ray movies to HD movies.
You can also edit the Blu-ray movies: add effects, crop video, join/split, add subtitle, soundtrack, add watermark, etc. It can’t rip/convert Blu-ray with copyright.
The Xilisoft Blu-ray Ripper for Blu-ray is available in three editions: Standard, Platinum, and Ultimate. All three versions allow you to trial the software freely.
- Easy to use software.
- Rip and edit Blu-ray movies.
- Ability to do batch converting.
- Has more customize settings for advanced users.
- Good video and audio quality on output file.
- Cannot rip copy-protected Blu-rays.
- The software price is higher compare to others.
- No supporting latest Windows and Mac OS
Top 3 Free Blu-ray ripping software
To tell the truth, some of the paid ripping programs also offering free version likes DVDFab and Leawo rippers above. Those free download version is to let you experience the program but with certain limitations like only can rip a Blu-ray for 5-minute, unable to rip commercial disc, etc.
There are also others free and full version of Blu-ray stripping tools like Handbrake, MakeMKV, etc. If you are not PC or Mac users, both the free (open source) tools also can be use for Linux. In fact, it’s recommended as the best quality Blu-ray ripper for Linux (Ubuntu).
The free version of MakeMKV is a simple one-click video and Blu-ray converter to transform your file to MKV format. This tool can instantly decrypted your video on Blu-ray discs and plays on your favorite devices like computer or Blu-ray player.
One of the major drawbacks of this software is that it only can convert the file to the MKV format. So, if you want to have like MP4 format, you need another ripper and convert the file one more time to your intended file format.
- Ability to rip blu-ray discs (30-day full-features free trial)
- Unlike other free tools, this software can rip copy-protected discs.
- Can preserve all of the source disc’s info like menus, HD audio, tracks, chapters, etc.
- Available for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
- Output file is limited to .MKV file.
- Blu-ray ripping is free for MakeMKV beta but most free tools cannot rip the Blu-ray discs.
This software is a free, multifunctional audio and video processing tool. You can use the program to convert PDF, video & audio, rip Blu-ray to video file, screen recorder as well as video downloader. So, it’s definitely not just a Blu-ray ripping tool.
- A program with intuitive interface and support many popular video formats from one format to another.
- Can rip Blu-ray discs but it doesn’t rip encrypted disc.
- Regular updates and improving make it a better application.
- More customizations options available like adjust video bitrates, size, add watermark & subtitle before starting the Blu-ray ripping process.
- The interface contains annoying ads.
- The file size of about 100MB is quite big.
- Only support Windows OS but it supports 62 languages.
Handbrake is not only a free Blu-ray ripper, it’s also an open source video transcoder. This program is small in size but packed with good features to help you produce an excellent and quality video output.
However, this program demand high computer resources (CPU intensive) and often cannot pickup all the movies subtitles especially UTF-8. Also, ripping DRM discs required a third-party decoder.
- Ability to produce a nice quality output files but still not in HD/4K.
- Smaller file size let it run without consuming much computer resources.
- It supports batch converting Blu-ray to save your time.
- Support multiple platforms: Windows, Mac OS X & Linux.
- The ripping speed is not fast and output file formats is limited.
- Unable to rip commercial or protected Blu-rays unless you install a decoder.
- The user interface is not friendly as many settings may confuse newbies.
10. Blu-ray Master
Blu-ray Master is a professional free Blu-ray ripping software, which has the capability of helping users rip homemade Blu-rays to common videos, 4K and 1080p HD videos. So you can watch your Blu-ray movies with a multimedia player or everywhere you want. Besides, this software supports batch conversion which will greatly save your time and enrich your leisure life.
This software can help you customize the output settings. Video Settings like Encoder, Frame Rate, Resolution, Aspect Ratio, and Video Bitrate; Audio Settings includes Encoder, Sample Rate, Channels, and Audio Bitrate. This free Blu-ray ripper lets you provides 3D settings. You can add Anaglyph 3D or Split Screen effect to your Blu-ray movies. Meanwhile, you can edit the Blu-ray movies with multiple tools like Clip, Crop, Effects, Watermark, etc. to make your Blu-ray file perfect.
Unfortunately, although it doesn’t contain extra bundled software, the latest version of Blu-ray Master adds a watermark to ripped videos. If you can live with that, it’s one of the most convenient Blu-ray rippers around.
- Clean, clear interface
- Can rip a whole Blu-ray or just parts
- Ready made device profiles
- The interface contains annoying ads.
- Some features require activation
- Only support Windows OS.
The Limitations of the Free Tools
You also can read other recommendations available online, or on Reddit and Quora. Be careful as some free tools may ask you to install extra software, pop-up ads or even contain unwanted virus/malware (if the source not clean).
Also, almost all the free Blu-ray converting tools come with certain limitations like Handbrake is unable to rip commercial or copy-protected discs (unless you get the 3rd-party decoder); MakeMKV only can convert the Blu-ray file to MKV format; Blu-ray Master may contain extra ads, etc.
So, my suggestion is to start with a free Blu-ray Ripper programs as recommended above. All of the tools have the basic functionalities to help you rip the homemade Blu-rays. If you need to rip Blu-rays with copy protections and more personalized settings and editing, get the paid ripping software.
The Solution – Use Paid Blu-ray ripping program
If you want more advanced features, greater simplicity and getting lifetime support from the software developer, get a more quality paid Blu-ray ripper for PC/Mac.
Some of the advantages that you can enjoy includes the paid Blu-ray Ripper software is more stable, clean and secure to download, any purchase comes with money-back guarantee, lifetime updates, faster in speed and utilizing the full program features.
No idea which one to choose? See our recommendations above and you also will get a discounted price.
Conclusion: A Best Quality Blu-ray Ripping Software Is Everything You Need to Backup Blu-ray Movies
One thing for sure, enjoying your Blu-ray just got simpler. With the Blu-ray ripping software, you can convert or edit the Blu-ray and watch it anytime, anywhere in perfect quality.
You also don’t have to worry that you might get into trouble when you want to watch the Blu-ray movies on your iPad, iPhone or Samsung smartphones.
As you can see, all the programs recommended above are pretty the same in term of functionalities, but how fast the program can rip the Blu-ray, ability to rip copy-protection discs, video output quality will make a difference.
Which is the Winning Software for Ripping Blu-rays?
If you want me to pick a winning software, I will choose from Acrok.Compare to other similar programs, the ripping speed is fast, and it comes with unbeatable features.
You even can try the software for free to experience what the software can do for you. Once purchase, you also get a free lifetime technical support and updates of the software as the program continually improves to meet the new requirements.
The payment is through well-known affiliate portal, Avangate. This is to ensure that your payment is safe and all the payment methods are 100% secure. Just order online, and you will receive the license code by email immediately.
If you decided to purchase, the 30-day money back guarantee by the company is pretty amazing since it turns your purchase into zero-risk! Take advantage of it NOW!